The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature - this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough - this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 25 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste - this means you've noticed you can not smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
You must now:
- Get a test to check if they have coronavirus as soon as possible
- Stay at home and do not have visitors until you get your test result. Only leave your house to have a test. Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also stay at home until you get your result.
Get a test online on GOV.uk. If you are having problems using the internet, call 119