Hello. My name is Banksy and I am the school dog. I am a Lhasa Aspo and have joined the Causeway Green team!
I am specifically trained to work with children in school. My role within the school is:
- to have a calming effect on pupils, particularly those with behavioural or learning difficulties
- to improve behaviour and concentration, reduce stress and improve self-esteem
- to encourage expression and participation in more withdrawn children
- to foster a sense of responsibility and the commitment of owning a pet
- to increase enthusiasm for and enjoyment of animals
- to encourage respect and thereby improving pupils' relationships with each other, parents and teachers
- to teach children to nurture and respect life
- to help with learning
- to help children build confidence in reading
- to help children who suffer loss or who are upset in any way and in need of calm, comfort and space before being able to tell an adult what has upset them
See below to see what I've been up to...
Please click on the link below to see our Policy, Risk Assessment and Rationale.