What is Forest School?
Forest school is a long term holistic approach to outdoor development and learning. It combines the mental, physical and emotional growth of the children. This approach allows them to develop confidence, independence, self-esteem and awareness and knowledge of the natural environment. Forest Schools will enable children to reach their potential educationally, socially and also spiritually. We aim to do this by setting small achievable tasks where they are able to succeed.
We aim to:
- provide children with experiences that encourages appreciation, awareness and knowledge of the natural environment.
- learn to respect and care for their own natural environment.
- abide by the rules and set standards of behaviour, to work cooperatively in groups and to show respect to each other.
Forest School kit includes:
- Warm clothes e.g full length combats or jogging trousers, long sleeved t-shirt, jumper or shirt
- Wellies or moonboots
- Extra socks (for after sessions, in case of wet feet)
- Gloves, hat and scarf
- Coat - waterproof and windproof
- Waterproof trousers - weather permitting